Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Wisconsin (BBBSNEW) and Boys & Girls Club of Greater Green Bay (BGCGGB) have launched a brand-new mentoring initiative: The Big Club. This collaborative, group mentoring program matches volunteer mentors (Bigs) to children in need of a positive role model (Littles). Bigs will meet regularly with their Littles on-site at BGCGGB and will provide guidance, develop a friendship, and model positive behavior.
The goal behind The Big Club is to create a program that can utilize the group setting of The Club and continue BBBS’s mission of igniting the potential of youth through mentorship. The hope is to give volunteers a new opportunity where they can meet in a group setting, instead of just one-on-one. It also opens the door for volunteers with different schedules like college students.
“The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Green Bay is thrilled about our new partnership with BBBSNEW,” said Boys and Girls Club of Greater Green Bay Chief Executive Officer, Lisa Kogan-Praska. “Our two organizations share a deep commitment to helping kids thrive. At Club, we know the power of having caring adults vested in a child’s success. By having Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors onsite at Club, we can provide our kids with even greater resources for meaningful support and connection. We are excited to offer this new opportunity to our youth and are confident in the impact this collaboration will have for kids and families in our community.”
“BBBSNEW is excited to collaborate with The Boys and Girls Club of Greater Green Bay and work together to fulfill both our missions!” said Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Wisconsin Executive Director, Monica McClure. “The Big Club Program will help us reach even more youth in the greater Green Bay community. Supporting children facing adversity is a specialty of both Big Brothers Big Sisters and the Club, and this collaboration allows both of our organizations to do what we do best: engage youth to help them achieve their full potential. Our young people thrive when there is a strong community around them. It’s a win for the kids in our community. “
We are looking for volunteer mentors who are interested in this program. For more details click here.
- Volunteer mentors will meet with a small group (1-2 youth) two times a month in a structured setting.
- Meetings will be held on the first and third Thursday of the month from 4:00-5:00 pm at the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Green Bay-West Side Clubhouse.
- A one-year commitment is required.
- Volunteer Bigs must complete the standard BBBSNEW screening and enrollment process:
- All Bigs must complete a 30-minute volunteer information session webinar.
- All Bigs must complete an online application with references and an in-person interview.
- All Bigs must complete a background check and agree to BBBSNEW Volunteer Code of Conduct.
- Volunteers with the Big Club will complete a special training session.
Those interested in volunteering can contact Shantell Ekdahl at email@example.com.
Big Brothers Big Sisters seeks to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Green Bay will engage and meet the unique needs of greater Green Bay area youth so they may achieve academic success, demonstrate good character and citizenship, and live a healthy lifestyle.