Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Wisconsin is a donor and volunteer-supported nonprofit organization that has been professionally matching area youth with volunteer mentors since 1972.
With a staff of 16 and a 23-member volunteer Board of Directors, we serve more than 500 children annually.
Our visionary and multi-talented staff bring their expertise to the agency in a shared calling to work for positive change to ensure all children achieve success in life. When available, we will post opportunities for you to join us in our work to make a difference in the lives of children.
Door County Program Coordinator Position
Employer: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Wisconsin
Hours: 1.0 FTE, flexible schedule, ability to work in-office and remotely
The primary function of this position is to ensure that volunteers (Bigs) and youth (Littles) are appropriately enrolled, matched, and supported. The Program Coordinator will execute a high degree of independent judgment while following the Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) Standards of Practice and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Wisconsin (BBBSNEW) program policies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social services, family studies, or related field preferred. If an applicant does not have a bachelor’s degree, applicants with equivalent experience may be considered. Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment, intake, or interview experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel within the community throughout the workday with full-time access to an automobile and automobile insurance in the amount required by the state of Wisconsin.
- Community networking to recruit volunteers/youth.
- Conduct volunteer enrollments, including individual orientations, interviews, and completion of enrollment processes.
- Conduct youth enrollments, including parent/child interviews, child safety education, and enrollment processes. Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed.
- Ensure a high level of proficiency and skill in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies, and procedures throughout all aspects of job junction. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children, and their families.
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program. Assess and apply factors contributing to a successful match.
- Provide comprehensive assessments and match support recommendations for volunteer and child participation in the program based upon assessments of each individual volunteer.
- Continually assess and support the match relationship focusing on child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development, and volunteer satisfaction. Real and/or potential problems and barriers are identified, addressed, and resolved as early as possible. Match support is provided on a frequency according to BBBS Standards.
- Develop, promote, and implement group match activities to support ongoing volunteer involvement with the child and agency.
- Maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to standards and utilize technology to report, analyze, and present data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please send resume, cover letter and (3) references by 5:00 pm Friday, June 16th to:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Wisconsin
Attn: Program Director
520 N. Broadway Suite 220
Green Bay, WI 54303
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org