Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Wisconsin is a donor and volunteer supported nonprofit organization that has been professionally matching area youth with volunteer mentors since 1972.
With a staff of 16 and 23-member volunteer Board of Directors, we serve more than 500 children annually.
Our visionary and multi-talented staff bring their expertise to the agency in a shared calling to work for positive change to ensure all children achieve success in life. When available, we will post opportunities for you to join us in our work to make a difference in the lives of children.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Hours: 0.5 FTE, flexible schedule, ability to work in-office and remotely
Deadline: Deadline for applications is April 30, 2021
Overview Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Wisconsin is looking for a professional, organized and creative individual to help execute communications and marketing strategies to strengthen the position of the organization and attract more volunteers and donors.
Requirements for position
· Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives.
· Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
· 1-2 years of proven social media marketing management.
· Experience with Microsoft Office products. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products, website administrative platforms (WordPress) and mass email programs (Constant Contact).
· Experience with social media websites such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
· Experience in photo and video editing a plus.
· Attention to detail. Accuracy in spelling and grammar.
· Ability to work independently and as a self-starter with a high level of flexibility.
· Ability to relate well in multicultural environments.
· Work with Marketing & Communications Director to develop marketing programs/campaigns from concept though completion.
· Develop social media marketing campaigns utilizing emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management tools.
· Manage and update organization’s website.
· Collaborate with other staff in a team-oriented environment.
· Stay abreast of agency-wide issues and contribute to the development and achievement of the agency’s long-term and short-term operating plans.
· Attend Agency functions as required.
· Fulfill other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience in marketing or advertising is preferred, but not required.
· 3 – 5 years’ experience in marketing.
· Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites required.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel within the community throughout the workday with full time access to an automobile and automobile insurance in the amount required by the state of Wisconsin.
Please send resume, cover letter and (3) references to:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Wisconsin
Attn: Marketing and Communications Director
520 N. Broadway Suite 220
Green Bay, WI 54303
Or via email to email@example.com
COVID-19 Precaution(s) are being observed: Personal protective equipment required; Temperature screenings; Social distancing guidelines in place; Virtual meetings; Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place, Work remotely.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Wisconsin holds regular fundraising events throughout the year and we’re ALWAYS looking for volunteers to join our team! Event volunteers assist on the event day for set-up, guest assistance, registration and clean up. Event volunteers may also choose to be involved in event pre-planning duties. You can check the News and Events section of our website for a list of our annual fundraisers. Come join our team, for more info. contact- Deb Polster, Events Coordinator E: firstname.lastname@example.org