The Big Club
Do you want a rewarding and meaningful volunteer experience unlike any other? Give the invaluable gift of your friendship and become a Big Brother or Big Sister today!
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Wisconsin (BBBSNEW) and the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Green Bay-West Side Branch (BGCGGB) have launched a brand new mentoring initiative: The Big Club. This collaborative, group mentoring program matches volunteer mentors (Bigs) to children in need of a positive role model (Littles). Bigs meet regularly with their Littles on-site at BGCGGB and will provide guidance, develop a friendship, and model positive behavior.
Why do we need The Big Club? Youth who grow up in disadvantaged communities face challenges that their peers with more resources do not. Without additional support and intervention, these youth are more likely to struggle with education or get involved in negative behaviors. Having a caring, adult role model is a key protective factor in helping youth build their resiliency.
- Volunteer mentors will meet with a small group (1-2 youth) two times a month in a structured setting.
- Meetings will be held on the first and third Thursday of the month from 4:00-5:00 pm at the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Green Bay-West Side Clubhouse.
- A one-year commitment is required.
- Volunteer Bigs must complete the standard BBBSNEW screening and enrollment process:
- All Bigs must complete a 30-minute Volunteer Information Session webinar.
- All Bigs must complete an online application with references and an in-person interview
- All Bigs must complete a background check and agree to BBBSNEW Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Contact Shantell Ekdahl at email@example.com or by phone or text at (920) 615-9311 to schedule a Volunteer Information Session webinar.
ABOUT BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF NORTHEAST WISCONSIN
Big Brothers Big Sisters seeks to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Green Bay will engage and meet the unique needs of greater Green Bay area youth so they may achieve academic success, demonstrate good character and citizenship, and live a healthy lifestyle.